Beating Cancer Gently
A Short Course
Feeling overwhelmed with the challenge of cancer? Want to take control of your life and treatment? I can help you. I can show you options which work permanently to control your cancer in a gentle, non-toxic way. You can learn how to locate a doctor to supervise your care who is sympathetic to these treatments.
It is no longer necessary to settle for the "big three" of conventional cancer treatment -- surgery, chemotherapy and radiation. Today's cancer patients die for only three reasons: 1) Lack of information; 2) Lack of discipline; and 3) Blind trust in their cancer doctors.
On November 1, 1994, my late wife, Marjorie, passed on. She had lived a wonderfully productive and really unique life. I loved her dearly.
Watching her being treated by the conventional cancer "system" etched memories that will never go away. I was puzzled and frustrated by the barbaric nature of the treatments and the extreme pain she endured for four years. I saw dozens of other cancer patients hooked up to IVs and submitting to what seemed horribly toxic and ineffective "treatment."
Nobody was able to explain the cause of this mysterious invader gradually eating away at my wife's vitality and life force. "Is there no better way?" I wondered.
Beginning in 1998, I became aware of the tidal wave of information building on the Internet about cancer (and everything else!). I vowed to take Marjorie's advice and "turn lemons into lemonade." I began researching the book that became an e-book in May, 2000. I have updated it continuously and rewritten it three times since then. Today, it is also available as a "real" book. The latest edition, called "Cancer-Free (Fourth Edition)" is the result of eleven years of feedback from doctors, nurses, cancer researchers, cancer survivors and cancer "crusaders" like me all over the world.
WHY YOU NEED TO GET SMART ABOUT CANCER
When you first walk into the oncologist's office after your cancer diagnosis, you need to be smarter than he or she is about cancer. What? Smarter than the cancer specialist? Yes. Exactly. If you want to survive your cancer and get your cancer under control, you need to be smarter than your oncologist.
THE CANCER "SYSTEM"
All conventional cancer treatment today is driven and controlled by drug company money and investment in "equipment." Any competition is brutally suppressed, with the cooperation of our Federal and State governments. Many books have been written on this subject, some better than others. One especially good one is "Politics in Healing," by Daniel Haley. The fact of the corruption is very real. Don't you be a victim of it.
A FEW FACTS
* Since the 1930's in the U.S. alone, over 350 treatments for cancer which are gentle and non-toxic have healed cancer patients. Some treatments have healed hundreds. Many have healed thousands. I know many of the people who have been healed by them. Why won't you hear about these from your cancer doctor? Because they are all natural substances. Therefore, they cannot be patented and offer no profit to the pharmaceutical companies. This simple fact drives all conventional cancer treatments.
* Since 1971, when President Nixon declared "War on Cancer," cancer deaths per 100,000 population have risen steadily. If you were the General in charge of this "war," you almost certainly would have scrapped your strategy for something different by now. Instead we, the taxpayers, keep funding the National Cancer Institute (NCI). This year their budget request is for $6.2 billion (with a "b") of your tax money. This agency was established in 1937. Not once in their 72-year history have they honestly tested even one of the 350 "alternative" substances mentioned above.
* 55% of Food and Drug Administration (FDA) executives are employed by a pharmaceutical company when they leave the FDA. Several ex-Congressmen are among the 1,214 full-time lobbyists for "Big Pharma" in Washington. The pharmaceutical companies are the largest contributors to political campaigns.
* The average cancer patient generates $1,300,000 of revenue for the cancer treatment "system" before they die. This is invisible to most cancer patients because much of it is covered by private insurance or Medicare/Medicaid. Over 1.2 million Americans are diagnosed with cancer each year. Over 570,000 Americans die of their cancer every year -- 1,500 every day. Cancer treatment is REALLY big business.
* According to Forbes magazine, AstraZeneca made $630 million in 2001 on one breast cancer drug. Thay call it Nolvadex (commonly known as Tamoxifen). Why has the name been changed? Because the original patent for this drug was issued in 1972. It has been extended, as is typical for expensive prescription drugs, by manipulation of the filler and packaging and other trivial changes made by AstraZeneca to extend the life of the patent and avoid cheaper generic forms of this drug.
* Have you ever wondered why a drug company would spend $200-500 million testing a new drug? Tamoxifen aka Nolvadex alone has made AstraZeneca and its predecessor companies over $23 billion in the last 39 years. Forbes estimated that AstraZeneca would make $2.6 billion in 2002 on cancer drugs alone.
* Because of politics, our government's Medicare system encourages the fraud and abuse that is rampant among oncologists. For example, the chemotherapy drug Etoposide is sold wholesale to oncologists for them to administer it to cancer patients in their office. The cost to the oncologist is $7.50 for a 100mg dose. The allowable Medicare reimbursement, however, is $129.24 for that same 100mg dose. The consumer (you and I) pay a co-payment of $25.87 for this dose -- almost three and a half times the doctor's cost! Medicare pays the rest from our tax dollars.
* According to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), the average oncologist makes $253,000 a year. Of this, 75% is profit on chemotherapy drugs administered in his or her office. All of these drugs, like Tamoxifen and Etoposide, treat the symptoms of cancer, not its causes, and make the patient's condition worse.
* A recent survey of the 64 oncologists on the staff at McGill Cancer Therapy Center in Montreal found that 58 of them (91%) said they would not take chemotherapy or allow their family members to take it for cancer treatment. Why not? Too toxic and not effective. Today, 75% of cancer patients are administered chemotherapy. Go figure!
* Very few oncologists advise their patients that there are dozens of substances available which are inexpensive and effectively offset the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation. Why? They just don't know about them. They're too busy to study what my readers and I study -- or too close-minded -- or both.
* The long-term survival rate of cancer patients with metastasized cancer treated with chemotherapy is 3%. Most of the "alternative" substances I discuss have long-term survival rates of 50-70% when used alone (few of them are used alone). Combinations of different and compatible "alternative" substances boost survival rates to 90% or more.
* A recent survey by Life Extension Foundation found that 80% of cancer patients take some "alternative" substances for their cancer. Half of them do not tell their cancer doctor what they are taking. Obviously, this is a sad testimony to the "ignorance and arrogance" of the cancer treatment "system."
Enough? Do you see why you must be aware of the cancer treatment environment before you "submit" to treatment? Our medical system has been completely corrupted by drug company money. You and I are not going to be able to change this in our lifetimes. What we can do, and what I'm dedicated to helping you do, is survive chronic, degenerative diseases like cancer by being aware of this and taking charge of our own health care.
Knowledge is power. More on how to do this in the next article. By the way, I'm just a "reporter," not a medical professional. I'm not selling anything except my books, which you'll find at this website.
Want a free monthly newsletter on this subject from me? Just fill out this simple form and you'll get it:
Now, if you'd like to hear some other opinions about this aubject, take a look at this interesting video.
To read the next article, click here.
To return to the home page, click here.